WHO WE WORK WITH
At Piedmont, we recognize no two clients are the same. Each client has a unique set of circumstances and a unique set of priorities. Our clients typically come from a diverse economic background. We are committed to pursuing a smooth transition through all phases of your financial lifecycle; from asset accumulation through wealth transfer.
Piedmont Private Wealth WORKS WITH A SPAN OF CLIENTS, IN A SPAN OF GROWTH STAGES:
Sample client profiles through various phases of the financial lifecycle
Capital Preservation through Wealth Transfer
- Pre/Post liquidity event, focused on access to investment opportunities at a low cost, understands the value of index investing, tax efficiency and low fees.
- Does not have a need for higher cost and seldom utilized periphery services but still requires high level of service quality and the ability to leverage their balance sheet.
- May have sophisticated trust management needs.
Typically $5mm+ in liquid net worth — Affluent.
Asset Accumulation through Capital Preservation
- Mid-late career successful professional, may be in their 40–50’s, may be at or near peak earning.
- Has built a nest egg but needs more help in the planning phase to identify where they are along the path and needs help in understanding the financial obligations and/or pitfalls in accomplishing specific goals.
- Has a need to evaluate and optimize their personal balance sheet.
- Has a need to begin the trust and estate planning discussion.
Typically $500k – $3mm+ in liquid net worth — Mass Affluent.
- Early-mid career on-track professional, may be in their early 30’s to mid 40’s.
- May have a young family, active saver who would benefit from financial planning, identifying specific future goals and related costs.
- Has a need to position assets and liabilities to leverage future growth.
Typically $250k – $750k in liquid net worth — Emerging Affluent.
We value the fact that you have accumulated the wealth, it’s our job to add value and help grow your assets…not have a punitive effect on your wealth. We offer a full-service platform at a reasonable cost.
We charge competitive asset management fees commiserate to the size of the investment portfolio and roll financial planning and other financial services and advice under that umbrella.
Fees are charged as a percentage of assets under management. Fees decrease based on the type of investment (bonds versus equities) and the size of the account. As assets grow, fees decrease as a percent of assets under management. We are committed to lowering the potential effect that advisory fees may have on long-term returns. By doing so, we may reduce the risk of underperformance.
Additionally, we implement a low-cost index approach to equity investing further lowering the detrimental effect that fees have on long-term returns. This also reduces the risk of underperforming that comes from high cost actively managed investment strategies and, subsequently, enhances longer-term results.